Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sunday, April 18, 2010
JENNIFER ANISTON IS RELEASING HER FIRST FRAGRANCE, LOLAVIE, AND HERE'S WHAT SHE'S SAYING ABOUT THE PERFUME...

On the fragrance process:
“It’s been a year-and-a-half journey. I’d been asked to do things before, and it never felt organic. But when Leon [Falic, president of the Falic Fashion Group] approached me to be involved with the process from inception to fruition, I thought, ‘This could be a creative expression.’ And it’s turned out to be an extension of myself as opposed to slapping my name on something… It wasn’t just about showing up for a shoot and putting my name on a bottle. I felt like a little chemist.”

On the aesthetic she aims to bring to her fragrance:
“The first perfumes I ever wore were Miss Dior and Anais Anais. My mother wore Calèche and my grandmother used a body splash that came in a big yellow jug that she kept by the bathtub. Those were very strong scents. Now I am not a big perfume-y fragrance fan.”

On how Lolavie smells:
“It’s a nonperfume perfume. Sexy and clean. Floral, but not too flowery. I want people to go, ‘What is that? You smell great!’ But most of all I wanted it to smell natural.”

On the fragrance field being crowded with celebs:
“The way I was approached, given such involvement, I never felt like, ‘Oh, gosh, I shouldn’t do this,.’ And if something is good, it doesn’t matter if the marketplace is crowded. I thought it was an opportunity to go behind the scenes, and if it feels good, why not go for it? It’s like being a producer and knowing the writers and stirring up ideas as opposed to being an actor for hire.”

On why her perfume is called Lolavie:
“It’s a long story and honestly it’s too personal to tell but it has special significance.” (There is a phonetic similarity to “l’eau la vie,” which means water life in French. The Lolavie bottle was also inspired by the waves at the beach.)

On expanding beyond one fragrance:
“Oh, anything’s possible. I would hope [Falic and I] get to do many things together.”

On if she envisions creating a Jennifer Aniston House of Beauty:
“(laughs) I don’t know about that. I’ll stick with Lolavie right now and we’ll see how it slides up the flagpole.”

On the potential for even more exposure with the launch of the perfume:
“I don’t think you can control that at the end of the day. You can’t stunt what you do to please or not please the public. And the media will create stories whether they are true or false. So why stop doing what makes you happy? Be true to yourself and everything else will follow.”
SOURCE

0 comments:

 
◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates ► Distributed by The World's Hardest Game;